♡ F O L L O W E R S ♡

Sunday, September 18, 2011

MAKEUP EXPERIMENT: GOLDEN CRANBERRIES - MAYBE A VAMPIRE LOOK FOR HALLOWEEN?

Makeup Experiments are makeup tutorials, but they aren't full blown makeup tutorials where I show you step by step. Instead I guide you though the look, but only show the products used. These are usually looks that I make up on the spot.


I decided to play around with fun colors like hot pink and gold to create a simple look. This reminds me of autumn, even though I wouldn't wear it everyday. I personally think this works great for Halloween because the pink tones on the eyes remind me of a vampire look. The lips also have a very bloody tone, even though they aren't strictly red.


Hope you enjoy!!


1. Begin by priming your eyes with Urban Decay Primer Potion in Original to make sure that your eyeshadows stay on all day and appear vibrant, not to mention not crease. Apply it all over the lid area and along the lower lash line. 


2. When using pigments I always apply Kat Von D High Voltage Eye Primer in Skin along the lid. Urban Decay's primer sinks in immediately and feels likes there is nothing on the lid. This primer is an opaque nude and tackier, so it grabs pigments well and makes them appear extremely vibrant. Here I applied a thin layer along the lid and blended it out so it was completely smooth.


3. Now take your favorite bronzed or "rustic gold" pigment/eyeshadow, this is the MAC Crushed Metallic Pigment Stack in Surf The Ocean. Here I'm using this stunning bronzed gold shade, these pigments are jet milled so they almost feel like a cream shadow. They are completely different from normal pigments, which can sheer out and feel flaky. Using my finger, I gently applied this all over my lid for a beautiful gold shade.


4. Using a pinky peach gold pigment (or eyeshadow), this is MAC Pigment in Melon. I applied this along the crease using a Borghese 204 Smudge Brush. You want to blend gold upward and fade it out with a pinky tinge. This will ensure that when you apply the hot pink eyeshadow everything will fade out perfectly.


5. For a highlight shade I'm applying Bare Escentuals i.d. bareMineral Eyeshadow in Wearable Pistachio Light using the Borghese 201 Eyeshadow Brush. This is a satin finish ivory that gives a soft glow to the eyes, nothing to sparkly or stark white.


6. Since I don't use pink very often I've been trying to craft more looks with the shade "Junkshow" from the Urban Decay 15th Anniversary Palette. It's a very, very bright satin finish hot pink as you can see. Using a L.E.I.F. On Location Crease Brush get a bit of the eyeshadow on the tip and start applying it along the outer corners. Gently bring it up and inward to define the crease. Work slowly and make sure to blend along each application of pink so everything looks well rounded.


7. Line your tightline with Stila Kajal Liner in Onyx for instant definition. This eyeliner is pitch black and extremely creamy, plus it won't smudge or budge once it sets. Personally I find it better than any other liner, especially the waterproof formulas.


8. Curl your eye lashes and apply your favorite mascara(s). Here I'm using the Maybelline Lash Curler, I curl at the roots so lashes can flare up and out. Don't curl near the middle of the lashes otherwise they'll just appear shorter and stubbier. For mascara I layer on Dior DiorShow Extase Mascara in 090 Black, Fairydrops Scandal Queen Mascara in Black, Sephora Lash Plumper in Black, MAC Zoom Fast Black Lash, and Dior DiorShow Blackout Mascara in 099 Black. Each of these mascaras work to make my tiny lashes look a lot, lot better.


9. I skipped cheeks for this look and went straight to the lips with a shimmering hot pink lipstick. This is Maybelline ColorSensational Lipstick in 105 Pink Wink


10. For a soft sheen I added Korres Lip Butter in Mango on top, which is an opaque coral lip balm. 

xoxo,
gracie.

No comments:

Post a Comment